DREXEL UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA
MLS, June 2014.
UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA, Philadelphia, PA
MSW, May 2006.
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA
MA in English and Creative Writing (Poetry), May 2003.
BOSTON UNIVERSITY, Boston, MA
BA in English Literature, May 1998.
Summa Cum Laude; Distinction in Major.
- Dean’s Scholarship, Drexel University. April 2013-June 2014.
- University Fellowship, Temple University. September 2001-September 2003.
- Teaching Assistantship, Temple University. September 2002-May 2003.
- Golden Key Honor Society
- American Library Association Member
- New Jersey Library Association Member
- PEN America Professional Member
FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY OF AUDUBON, Audubon, NJ
Director, May 2015-Present
- Manage all aspects of library, including budget development and oversight, policy creation and implementation, personnel management, program and collection development, as well as patron relations and outreach.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant New Jersey State laws and regulations in order to establish library eligibility for State Aide.
- Establish and support broad range of ties to community institutions and organizations, including local schools, government agencies, and local businesses.
- Collaborate in detail with Board of Trustees regarding all relevant library needs, developments, and decisions.
ROWAN UNIVERSITY, Glassboro, NJ
Adjunct Reference Librarian, September 2014-May 2015
- Provided email, chat, SMS, telephone, and face-to-face reference services.
- Designed and taught information literacy classes within a variety of disciplines.
- Researched, designed and built two library guides: one on plagiarism and one on health & wellness topics.
- Developed proposal and poster for findings of an internal survey of library student workers, presented at the New Jersey Library Association 2015 Annual Conference.
- Researched, composed, and submitted academic paper on student reference assistant perceptions of employment at Rowan.
ROWAN COLLEGE AT GLOUCESTER COUNTY, Sewell, NJ
Adjunct Reference Librarian, January 2015-May 2015.
Adjunct Professor, September 2013-May 2015.
- Provided telephone and face-to-face reference services.
- Designed and taught college level English composition and developmental English courses.
- Collaborated with college library to incorporate significant information literacy component into all courses.
DREXEL UNIVERISTY, Philadelphia, PA
Project Assistant, June 2014-May 2015.
- Researched and composed academic paper examining the effects of subject domain and resource type on the metadata naming practices of repositories using the Dublin Core element set.
- Researched and composed survey paper on the state of the art of open-source (semi)automatic metadata generation tools that can be used by libraries to ease the cataloguing burden of technical departments.
- Researched and composed survey paper on the current development of the Library of Congress’s Bibliographic Framework Initiative, or BIBFRAME, a high-level model for the description of bibliographic resources in the networked environment.
IPL2 (internet public library 2), Philadelphia, PA
Reference Administrator, September 2013-May 2015.
- Managed and triaged all incoming reference questions.
- Provided email reference services directly to ipl2 patrons.
- Assisted ipl2 volunteers and students with the provision of reference services as needed.
VETERANS AFFAIRS MEDICAL CENTER, Philadelphia, PA
Social Work Supervisor, January 2011-April 2013.
- Oversaw all aspects of permanent, transitional and emergency housing programs for homeless veterans, the largest suite of homeless programs in the region.
- Oversaw the intensive case management program for veterans with severe mental illness.
- Supervised 21 social workers as well as two administrative staff members.
- Organized and led all annual homeless conferences and major outreach events during tenure.
- Participated in numerous multidisciplinary committees both within the VA and in collaboration with community organizations as well as with other city, state, and federal government agencies.
- Ensured quality and standards compliance of all programs through review and passage by two major independent accreditation bodies.
- Developed and maintained policies, procedures, and evaluation criteria for all programs.
*References available upon request.
**Curriculum Vitae available upon request.